Winter Running Playlist to Heat You Up
With nearly 40 days still left until the first day of spring, chances are you’ve been doing a lot of running in cold and/or snowy conditions. I’ve heard from many of you in colder climates about weekday runs in single digit temperatures and races where ice and snow covered parts of your course. It got me thinking: Instead of just focusing on what we can wear to keep us warm during winter runs, what if we could trick our brains into feeling less cold?
This thought occurred to me because of where I’m spending my weekend right now. This is where my workouts are going down this weekend:
Now before you start throwing rotten tomatoes and stinky running shoes at me through your computer screen in protest, my own warm-weather weekend getaway inspired me to create a warm-weather running playlist for your long runs this weekend (and until spring arrives). Each song includes a reference to heat, being hot, fire, and sweat. Happy winter running everyone!
Winter Running Playlist to Heat You Up!
- Hot in Herre: Nelly (or you can download the version from Glee)
- Girl is on Fire: Alicia Keys
- Fire Woman: The Cult
- Hot N Cold: Katy Perry
- Drop It Like It’s Hot: Snoop Dogg & Pharrel Williams
- Build a Fire: Drivin’ n’ Cryin’
- This Is Why I’m Hot: MIMS
- Blister in the Sun: Violent Femmes
- Fire Burning: Sean Kingston
- Chasing the Sun: The Wanted
- Sweat: Snoop Dogg & David Guetta
- Sex on Fire: Kings of Leon
- Burn: Papa Roach
- On Fire: Eminem
- Heat of the Moment: Asia
- Set Fire to the Rain: Adele
- Summer in the City: The Lovin’ Spoonful
- Hot Legs: Rod Stewart
- Standing Outside the Fire: Garth Brooks
- Cool down song: Here Comes the Sun: Beattles
Use the below graphic to pin this list and save it to your favorites!
What other songs would you add to this winter running playlist that include words or phrases about being hot, warm, on fire or heated? What is your favorite winter running gear?